Changing account codes / numbers
Guidance on renumbering your account codes / numbers.
(Guide for Pastel Partner 14, but older versions will loosely follow the same method).
If you have made a mistake when entering one of your account codes, then you are able to change them, even if they have transactions and history.
Please note, this is just for Customer, Supplier, Inventory, Store and Project codes.
- First go to the 'Change' menu at the top and select 'Renumber Codes'
- Select the relevant account type you want to change and click 'Next' (in this example I will go ahead with changing a customer account).
- Select your existing account from the 'Existing Code' column and type in your new code in the 'New Code' Column, you can do more than one if needed, when ready to continue click on the 'Next' Button.
- To begin the process of renumbering, just click the 'Process' button to start it.
- Please leave the process to complete on it's own, when it is done you will get the confirmation message. You can now repeat the process for other accounts if needed.
Discrepancies between Inventory Control Account and Inventory Valuation
Discrepancies between Inventory Control Account and Inventory Valuation Differences between the Inventory Control Account and the Inventory Valuation Report will be the result of the following: Inventory being integrated into the General Ledger. ...
How to set your Document / Invoice numbers
How to set your document numbers for orders, quotes, invoices, credit notes etc. (Guide for Pastel Partner 14, but older versions will loosely follow the same method). Go to 'Setup > Company Parameters'. Now go in the 'Settings' tab and you can ...
How to add a new Bank Account
Guidance on how to create new bank accounts, ready for cashbook processing. (Guide for Pastel Partner 14, but older versions will loosely follow the same method). You will first need to create the bank account as a General Ledger account. Part 1): Go ...
Changing Your Year End Date
Pastel Partner - closing off the year with the Year End process (Guide for Pastel Partner 14, but older versions will loosely follow the same method). If you need to change your year end in Pastel Partner or Pastel Xpress, the best way to do it by ...
VAT Filer upload and submit
How to upload your VAT return figures and submit them with MTD [Click Here] to download this guide as a PDF file Before you can submit your VAT figures, you will need to prepare an excel sheet with your VAT totals for each box. Attached in this guide ...