This is a guide for Sage 50 Accounts Version 22. The process in earlier versions may look different to what you are seeing in this guide.
You can set your documents up for emailing either through Sage 50 Accounts or through the Report Designer. The Report Designer is accessible by going to Tools > Report designer and allows for more control over your documents, including your email defaults etc.
This guide is based entirely on setting this up from within Sage 50.
1. Go to Settings > Email Defaults.
2. In the first tab, which should be Email Client, choose whatever program you are using to email documents - if you are using Microsoft Office, no further setup should be required. If using webmail, you need to set up details such as the provider, sender details etc.
3. Select whichever documents' tab you want to use. In here you can select which customer/supplier record's emails you want to send it to, any extras you want to CC, a subject line etc. - it also allows you to have some different settings for attachments and for Outlook you have some additional sending options. These options are "Send Immediately", where it just sends it straight away, and "Save to Mailbox", where it puts it into a draft for you.
4. Click on 'Apply' and you can select what layouts are affected by these settings. In the below I have applied this to all layouts, but I would recommend only selecting the layouts that you are going to use for email purposes.
5. Ensure that the email address fields are populated and the tickboxes below are ticked depending on what you want to send
6. Once set up, you should be able to send statements, invoices and other documents out via email. Below is a screenshot of the Invoices and Credits screen after emailing a document from the top - you should be able to email multiple by selecting multiple documents and then pressing the email button.
7. All of the selected documents will then be emailed out.