Installing Pastel Partner / Xpress
Guidance on how to install your Sage Pastel Accounting Partner / Xpress software.
(Guide for Pastel Partner 14 and Windows 10, but older versions will loosely follow the same method and prior versions of Windows may be slightly different).
This is a guide on how to install the Sage Pastel Accounting Partner / Xpress software for version 14.
At request, the support team will send you a link to download the necessary files to install.
Please refer to the following guide on installing the Pervasive Workgroup Engine if it is not already installed on your machine, this has to be done before installing Partner / Xpress: [Click Here]
- Once you have downloaded the file, go to the folder where you have saved it.
- Right click the file and select 'Extract All...'.
- Select the folder you want to extract the files to, or leave it as it is and click on 'Extract'.
- The files will then be extracted, please be patient and wait until the process has completed.
- Once the files have been extracted, you will be brought to the folder they were extracted to. You now have access to the files and folders for the install.
- Run either the Partner or Xpress application to install the relevant software you use.
- A prompt to installed Sage Connected Services will come up, this must be done before Partner or Xpress can be installed, click the 'Install' button to run this.
- Please be patient and let the installation of Sage Connected Services run until it completes.
- Once Sage Connected Services has finished, the installer for Partner or Xpress will begin.
- Click on 'Next >' to begin the installation of Partner or Xpress.
- After confirming you accept the terms in the license agreement, click on 'Next >' to proceed.
- If you want to run a standard installation with the default language and demo company, leave on Typical, click on 'Next >' and then skip the next step to proceed.
- If you want to decide a demo company and language, click on 'Custom' and then 'Next >'.
- If you have clicked on a custom installation type, here you select the language and demo companies you require, click on 'Next >' to proceed.
- Click on 'Change...' if you want to change the directory the software installs to.
- Tick the option to 'Share the Pastel folder (Everyone with full access). Only if other users will access the Pastel folder on a shared network (multi user environment).
- Click 'Next >' to proceed.
- Click in 'Install' to start the installation process.
- Please be patient and allow the installation process to run through to the end.
- Click on 'Finish' to end the process.
- The Sage Pastel Accounting Partner or Xpress software will now be installed and you should be able to access it from the new desktop icon.
Now that it is installed, please refer to the following guide to register your software: [Click Here]
For more useful guides, please see the following page: [Click Here]
Registering your Sage Pastel software as a Single User / Server
Guidance on how to register your Sage 50c Pastel software. (Guide for Sage 50c Pastel Partner 19, but older versions will loosely follow the same method). How to register as a Single User / Server machine: When you open up the software when it is ...
Installing the Pervasive Workgroup Engine
Guidance on how to install your Pervasive Workgroup Engine. (Guide for Pastel Partner 14 and Windows 10, but older versions will loosely follow the same method and prior versions of Windows may be slightly different). Before you can install and use ...
Converting Your Pastel Data
Guidance on how to convert your Sage Pastel data to a later version (Guide for Pastel Partner 14, but older versions will loosely follow the same method). If you need to convert your data, you will need to first register your software. Please see ...
Registering your Sage Pastel software as a Workstation
Guidance on how to register your Sage Pastel software. (Guide for Pastel Partner 14, but older versions will loosely follow the same method). Please ensure your registered machine / server has been registered prior to attempting registration of a ...
Print job sent to incorrect printer
If you have set your printer correctly in the Printer / Fonts setup, but the job goes to the incorrect printer, it may be that your Windows 10 settings are set to maintain the default printer. To correct this, follow the steps below. Click your ...