Installing the Pervasive Workgroup Engine
Guidance on how to install your Pervasive Workgroup Engine.
(Guide for Pastel Partner 14 and Windows 10, but older versions will loosely follow the same method and prior versions of Windows may be slightly different).
Before you can install and use Sage Pastel Accounting Partner or Xpress, you need to install the database engine (Pervasive).
This is a guide on how to install it from the setup files that have been downloaded from a link sent to you by our support team at your request.
- Once you have downloaded the file, go to the folder where you have saved it.
- Right click the file and select 'Extract All...'.
- Select the folder you want to extract the files to, or leave it as it is and click on 'Extract'.
- The files will then be extracted, please be patient and wait until the process has completed.
- Once the files have been extracted, you will be brought to the folder they were extracted to. You now have access to the files and folders for the install.
- Go into the folder 'ISSetupPrerequisites' and then into 'Pervasive Workgroup v10' and run the application file called 'SetupWorkgroup_x86'.
- You will be brought to the installer, to begin the installation, click on 'Next >'.
- After confirming you accept the terms of the license agreement, click on 'Next >'.
- There are two types of installations to choose from, the first is to 'Run as an Application' - this is for machines that only have one user logged into it at one time. 'Run as a Service' is for terminal services machines which have multiple users logged into it at the same time. After deciding on the type that suits your machine, click on 'Next >'.
- Choose the option for 'Complete' installation and click on 'Next >'.
- Click on 'Install' to begin the installation of the software.
- Please be patient and allow the installation to progress through to the end.
- Once the installation has finished, you will get the following screen to confirm completion. Click on 'Finish' to end the process.
- The Pervasive Workgroup engine is now installed and you can see the icon running in the system tray at the bottom (only if installed as an application).
Please refer to the following guide on how to install Sage Pastel Accounting Partner or Xpress: [Click Here]
Installing Pastel Partner / Xpress
Guidance on how to install your Sage Pastel Accounting Partner / Xpress software. (Guide for Pastel Partner 14 and Windows 10, but older versions will loosely follow the same method and prior versions of Windows may be slightly different). This is a ...
Error Code 20 - Pervasive Engine is not running
If you get Error 20 when starting up Sage Pastel Partner or Xpress, then it means your Pervasive Database Engine is not running or is not licensed. There are a few things you can try to resolve this error. This is not in any order and any one of ...
Error Code 161 - Pervasive User Count License Exceeded
Error Code 161: Pervasive License Exceeded. This error code means you have reached your user limit on the license and an extra user is trying to log in (Example, you have a 5 user limit, 5 users are currently logged in - meaning the 6th user to try ...
Status 116 - There is a network communication error
Status 116 (There is a network communication error) This error means there was a problem communicating from your workstations Pervasive engine, to the Pervasive engine running on the server and can have many different causes. Please look through the ...
This user's password is currently in use
How to force log out your account if it gets stuck. (Guide for Pastel Partner 14, but older versions will loosely follow the same method). If you have multiple users and your data is held on a network, if your Pastel software crashes then it could ...